Through the Parkview Research Center, cancer patients at Parkview have access to a number of clinical trials involving CyberKnife® treatment. If you are a patient interested in participating in one of the trials listed below, please contact the CyberKnife coordinator at (260) 266-9165.
Eligibility to participate in a research study is determined by your oncologist, who will assess your condition based on criteria in the study’s protocols.
The following CyberKnife studies are available to patients:
Clinical trial for brain metastases
• NCCTG 0574 – A Phase III international trial using CyberKnife Stereotactic Radiotherapy on patients with 1-3 brain metastases, with or without the addition of whole brain irradiation
Clinical trials for lung cancer
• STARS – An international randomized study comparing the CyberKnife Stereotactic Radiotherapy with surgical resection in patients with stage I Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
• RTOG 0813 – Seamless Phase I/II Study of Stereotactic Lung Radiotherapy (SBRT) for Early-Stage, Centrally Located, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) in Medically Inoperable Patients
• RTOG 1021 – A Randomized Phase III Study of Sublobar Resection (+/- Brachytherapy) versus Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in High-Risk Patients with Stage I Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
Clinical trial for prostate cancer
• CK Prostate II – An international study evaluating the use of CyberKnife Stereotactic Radiotherapy in patients with low- to intermediate-risk prostate cancer
Clinical trial for spine metastasis
• RTOG 0631 – A phase II/III study of CyberKnife Stereotactic Radiotherapy in patients with localized spine metastasis
CyberKnife® is a registered trademark of Accuray Incorporated.