The Parkview Seniors Club is an excellent source of health information and wellness opportunities for individuals age 50 and older who are facing new challenges in their healthcare. Now in existence for more than 25 years, the club offers an ever-changing variety of programs and activities to help keep members active both mentally and physically.
Hundreds of Seniors Club members attend our monthly meetings to hear about the latest in medical treatment and wellness approaches from respected physicians and other experienced healthcare professionals.
Seniors Club membership benefits include educational opportunities, mental and physical fitness programs, social activities, discounts at area businesses and much more. We hope you’ll choose to become a member so you, too, can incorporate these benefits into your healthier lifestyle.
- Medical education programs — Physicians and other health experts provide monthly educational programs at the Regal Coldwater Crossing Theaters, 211 West Washington Center Road, Fort Wayne. Education and prevention is the focus of these programs, and there is always time for questions and answers.
- Learning in Retirement series — Seminars offered throughout the year provide information, techniques and skills to enhance your daily activities. Popular topics have included improving memory skills, stretching and exercise, putting legal affairs in order, and gaining a better sense of balance. Craft classes are also popular.
Mental and Physical Fitness
- Fitness and exercise classes — Senior Stretchers, Tai Chi, yoga, balance, dance and other exercise programs are available to Seniors Club members at the Senior Wellness Center at Parkview Hospital Randallia.
- Twice the value: Parkview Seniors Club members can receive additional services and a special membership rate to both the Parkview Senior Wellness Center and Parkview Health & Fitness Center. Members can access both facilities for one low price.
- Golf and bowling — A number of local golf courses and recreational facilities offer discounts to Parkview Seniors Club members. See the Discount Guide link below for details.
- Parkview cafés — A 20 percent discount is offered to Seniors Club members for all eligible food items anytime during normal café hours. The discount is good at all Parkview facilities. Free and/or valet parking is also available.
- Community discounts — More than 100 local businesses offer discounts to our members, which are listed in a Discount Guide given to members.
- First-run movies — Newly released movies are shown one time each month at Regal Coldwater Crossing Theaters for $2 per person, in conjunction with the monthly educational program.
Other Benefits of Membership
- Bi-monthly newsletter — An information-packed newsletter keeps members informed about popular physician-led medical education programs, as well as classes and events being offered each month.
- Theme and birthday parties — All club members are invited to our monthly theme/birthday parties at Parkview Hospital Randallia’s café. Members enjoy specially prepared entrees at a discounted price, plus free cake and beverages. Each member celebrating a birthday during the month receives a gift. Local musicians, comedians and other talented artists provide free entertainment.
- Holiday party – At the December holiday party, members enjoy a catered luncheon at a Fort Wayne venue, spirited entertainment and great door prizes donated by area businesses and organizations – all for a modest fee. Tickets for this hugely popular event are always in great demand.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) — Specially trained counselors provide free assistance with Medicare, Medicaid, supplemental insurance, and long-term-care insurance questions and concerns. For more information, visit www.in.gov/idoi/2500.htm, or call (260) 373-7952.
- Age requirement — Members must be age 50 or older. A member’s spouse under age 50 may also join.
- Fee — The annual membership is $15 for new members. Membership is in effect from January 1 through December 31.
- Membership card — The Seniors Club membership card must be presented to take advantage of club benefits.
- Enrollment form
To become a member, complete the form available via the “Enrollment Form” link above, and mail the form along with your membership fee to:
Attention: Senior Health Services
Parkview Hospital Randallia
2200 Randallia Drive
Fort Wayne, IN 46805